Monday, October 22, 2012

Before Death

Michelangelo Merisi da Caravaggio, Medusa, Oil on canvas mounted on wood, 1597. 60 cm × 55 cm (24 in × 22 in). Uffizi, Florence, Italy.

I am writing to you because I wish you would die.
Die with ants in your mouth.
For years undiscovered.
Even vultures don't look for you.
Your snake wraps you
like in a Caravaggio.

Since the day you told me you would die
You have been paralyzed in this moment.
Almost dead.
In power, in drunkenness, in debt, in exile, in covered pains. 
  
You scream.
Never like Munch
You hold it with you. 
So nobody knows.
In agony, in guilt, in weakness, in excuses, and through adaptation. 

I wish you could just die
Die fast and for once.
I wish you death
Because death is the pain of you alone.

Edvard Munch famous painting The Scream to be shown at the MoMA
Edvard Munch. The Scream. Pastel on board. 1895. © 2012 The Munch Museum/The Munch-Ellingsen Group/Artists Rights Society (ARS), New York.


No comments:

Post a Comment